Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Why "The Masked Mummy"?

To most people this would appear to be a strange name for a blog, but let me explain. I have been blogging now for a little over a year under a different name. I enjoy blogging but I have found it to be a little bit restrictive, particularly because friends and family regularly read my blog. There are parts of my life that I want to be able to share with people but always feel that I cannot do so because it will offend someone. I wanted to lift my censors and talk freely about my life. I am not going behind anyone's back, just merely trying to spare their feelings without adding pressure on myself.


So who am I? First and foremost, I'm a very happy Mother to a beautiful little girl, Gem and I have the great pleasure in being a step-Mother to my husband's son from his first marriage, Billy. I am currently expecting our third child and of course I am very happily married to the long suffering Mr Mask. Other than that I am a daughter to my amazing mother and daugther-in-law to my husband's parents.


I want to share with you how it really feels to be a step-mother, what its like to find out in adulthood that you are NOT an only child, that you have brothers and sisters. That only in adulthood do you find out who you really are and where you came from.


I hope that you will follow this journey with me . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment